tour of calliope tour of calliope

Very Splendid!

Excellent Animation! A few critiques though:
- A play button at the front would be nicer than just starting
- The ending is abrupt and we're left with a black screen; it could end better
- The background moves past faster than the figure appears to be running. You cold fix this by incorporating a midground AND a background. The midground moving faster than your background, of course.

Good job. Your animation skills are elite.

Mad world -short- Mad world -short-

Good Start

It looks like you've been practicing with walk cycles. They were the strongest thing this animation had going for it.

Overall, you made a pretty literal translation of a song and used a style that I don't think fits. Don't be discouraged though, your animation was better than a lot of the crap on here. Try putting more detail in next time. Several objects were static and moved together... which is fine, but if things aren't going to move, they can stand to be more detailed. You're heading in the right direction -- keep with it!

ThomSip responds:

Thanks fo constructive critism, I'll look into this when I'm working on my next animation :)

Pleasant Day Pleasant Day

Stop here.

The end said, "To be continued"

My advice: DON'T EVER CONTINUE THIS EVER.
There was no sense to it and it didn't even pull me in because of that. I didn't like the animation. HOWEVER, you did some interesting camera movements and made some good character animation with the cop figure. So you're not a loser or anything.

Jack Russell Jack Russell

Completely Excellent... one small glitch

I enjoyed this game quite immensely! The graphics were nice and the gameplay was very unique. The load screens in between levels were smart, and I found the "win" screen humor fit the rest of the game: light and witty (an exploding dog IS slightly humorous).

Three small critiques:
*in the instructions it says that clearing the level will lose you a turn, though on several occasions it did not.
*on the first level with the moving bomb, when you press "go" the bomb automatically resets at the far left of the screen which makes timing based on the bombs preceeding movements all for nothing. (the glitch I was referring to)
*a password based level skipping function would be nice

Can't Own This... Can't Own This...

Too Hard.

I was so close to collecting 10, but it's just too hard to control -- goes so fast. In this case I think it's better to go too fast than too slow, but what was really annoying was not being able to skip that first animation of you blasting off.

Otherwise I really enjoyed the graphics, and the circles around the ship that help you target were really nice, indeed.

joearchy responds:

as you increase in level (increase every 10 collects) your speed increases
Formula: original speed * level = speed
^_^ hope it helped,
and btw the offer for being in the credits is still up. anyone who beats it is in